If you want regular customers and one-time sales, then go build a business. But if you want loyal fans and followers who buy everything you create, then go build a community!
A community is a place that encourages a deep integration of values, connections, advice and support. I have personally found that if I like a YouTube creator or entrepreneur, I want to go and join their community to be closer to them and perhaps develop a deeper relationship with them.
Today’s video is all about building a community for free using Facebook Groups and the benefits of doing so. If you’ve been hesitating building your community, then this video is a must-watch for you!
Here are some insights and rules to building a community on Facebook:
1. Communities of followers engage more deeply with you.
2. Communities encourage Peer to peer interaction.
3. You don’t need to be an expert to form a community.
4. You don’t need to be leader, you can be a facilitator.
5. Building a Facebook group is hard work. It’s not a set it and forget it model. If you don’t enjoy talking to people then it’ll be tough to build a community.
6. You need to show up everyday
7. Communities often become a safe place for people to exchange ideas
8. You can run challenges, activities, polls live trainings, etc to keep people engaged.
9. Promote your videos inside communities to get deeper interactions
(Ask people a question related to an upcoming video, then share the video, then go live discussing the topic – it forms a continuous loop of interaction!).
Are you a part of any online community? What makes it special for you?
Be sure to join my community on Facebook to further the discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/salmajafri